Easy and delicious chocolate Halloween bark
This Halloween bark has so many things going for it! It’s incredibly easy and quick to make, plus it’s festive, allergy friendly, and wonderfully tasty. This recipe is also fun to make with kids. Your whole family will love it!
Ingredients for chocolate Halloween bark
Here’s everything you’ll need to make this Halloween bark:
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips. I used Enjoy Life chips, which are free from 14 allergens.
- Candy corn. Try the Yum Earth brand, which is organic, vegetarian, and gluten free.
- Pretzel sticks. Snyder’s of Hanover makes gluten-free pretzels sticks that my whole family loves to snack on!
- Pumpkin seeds (also called pepitas). I used SunRidge Farms organic pumpkin seeds, but there are many great ones on the market, like these.
How to make chocolate Halloween bark
Line an 8″x8″ baking dish with parchment paper. Heat 10 oz of semi-sweet chocolate chips and pour it evenly into the baking dish.
One way to easily melt the chocolate is to put it in a microwave-safe dish, and then microwave it in 30-second intervals, stirring each time.
After spreading the melted chocolate in the baking dish, quickly sprinkle the candy corn, pumpkin seeds, and pretzel sticks over the top. You might prefer to break the pretzel sticks into smaller pieces before sprinkling them on top.
Chill the dish until firm. Then cut into pieces. Enjoy!
More Halloween recipes and fun
If you’d like more ideas for family fun this Halloween, try these ideas:
- Halloween kitty cupcakes
- Jack-o’-lantern cupcakes (with extra protein!)
- Maple pumpkin seed trail mix (a great recipe for using up your jack-o’-lantern seeds)
- Allergy-friendly Halloween guide
Chocolate Halloween Bark
- 10 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/8 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1/2 cup candy corn
- 1/2 cup thin pretzel sticks gluten free, broken into pieces
- Line an 8"x8" baking dish with parchment paper.
- Put chocolate chips in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring each time, until just melted through.
- Pour chocolate evenly into the baking dish.
- Quickly sprinkle the candy corn, pumpkin seeds, and pretzel sticks over the top.
- Chill the dish for about one hour or until firm. Remove from the dish and cut into 8 pieces.